Monday, January 14, 2019

The Miracle of the Bread and the Fruit

We started out with 100 pesos that is equal to $3.25. We went to visit a investigator, and she was bad. Her husband just left her. She didn't have any money for the kids to eat. We decided we were going to go buy her some food to survive for 3 days. We then talked to a family that was also in really bad condition that just moved into the neighborhood and the kids were starving. We had a lesson with them and we asked if they needed anything and she told us some bread for the kids. Then we passed a member of the church that was looking for food in the garbage can. The parent of my convert...  We decided that we would buy food for her too. We only had $3.25 cents. We went to the kiosco and we said we need a week worth of food with 100 pesos. She laughed and I didn't doubt for one second that we were going to feed these people. I knew that everything is possible for God Lucas 1:39! She then asked for who it was for and when I said that I was buying food for hermana Maria Rosa they happened to be good friends growing up. 

I happened to find 100 pesos more in my pocket. I had no money in my pocket when I left my house that morning. Then, there was a mystery man that was delivering boxes for the store that morning. He then donated all that he had to us to make sure that these families could eat. We bought bread, meat, rice, pasta fruits and vegatables to last a week.  We still were short 200 pesos, but she was generous because she knew some of the food was going to her best-friend neighbor that she donated the extra food for us.

We then went to the members house that was looking in the trash, and my convert was there the 9 year old. She was so happy to recieve an apple that it looked like her eyes passed through the veil and saw an angel. 

We then went to the woman that her husband left her and she had tears of graditude for us. We then gave her a priesthood blessing of consuelo. I remembered things about her from 3 months ago and my memory is terrible so it definitely wasn't me talking.

We then delivered the bread to the starving children. We then invited her to the church. Like in John 6 the bread of eternal life is much more valuable then the bread of mortal life.

I testify that we partake of the healing eternal bread every Sunday. This miracle has reminded me of the parable when Jesus fed the multitudes with just 2 fishes and 5 loaves bread. Just like how we had $2.50 cents we fed 3 families for a week.   I testify that anything is posible for God.  In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.  

No comments: