Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Another Crazy Day at the Fackrells

This morning Ashdon came in my room to announce that his cake was due today!  I knew the deadline was looming, but did not know today was the day. Oh great!  This caused for a very eventful morning.  We whipped up the first cake with no problems.  Luckily I have cake mix on hand.  But then how does he make the mountains for the state of Utah?  Well, the solution was not too difficult.  I have small bundt cake pans and we filled them half full with cake mix and produced 6 bundt cakes.  By then, 8:00 had hit and the other troops were up.  Of course there was a hubbub about who would lick the bowl, which ended with cake mix in Ashdon's hair. We made another 7 cupcakes.  I thought all was well and was quite pleased with my accomplishment.  Then Ashdon added, "The cake has to be frosted when we bring it school and it can't be chocolate."  Of course, with Murphy's Law you know the only kind of frosting I had was chocolate on hand.  So I went to the Internet to find a recipe for powder sugar frosting.  Not too difficult to make, but time was running short.  The cake wasn't quite cool when we frosted it and we managed to make several small bags of blue, green, and red frosting along with all sorts of sparkles for the top of the cake.  My sister Kristen came to the rescue and took the first load to school and then Ashdon in the second load to school. (She is an angel.) Ash got off to school, and I zoomed off to my first major presentation as a PhD student.  All and all it was eventful.  The cake actually turned out great.  After school he was proud to display his cake.  He was also excited that he won for the highest mountains.

That's all I will report on today.
Love
Tam

2 comments:

Jen said...

PhD Student?!?!?

Tamara Fackrell said...

Yes isn't it crazy! The Lord sometimes expects us to do things that are beyond our capabilities :) It is quite a balance but I officially made it through my first semester.

I would love to hear more about you. Do you have a blog?

Tamara