Monday, September 8, 2008

The Best Play Dough Recipe! Proven for 12 years and running!

Today I was able to make play dough with Presdon.  It is one of our families absolute favorite things to do and I have the best recipe!  I thought I should share it with you.

Large Recipe
4 cups of flour  
4 cups of water
4 tablespoons oil
1 cup salt
1 packet of Koolaid


Small Recipe
1 cup flour
1 cup water
1 tablespooon oil
1/4 cup salt
1 packet Koolaid

Mix all of the ingredients over the stove on medium heat.  Cook until it is not sticky.  (Cook a little longer than you think. Between 10 and 20 minutes.)  The Koolaid gives it a fragrant smell so the smell of salt is not so strong.  It also gives it coloring. Let the play dough cool. Then, use any color of dye to make color variations.  Store the finished product in ziplocks in the refrigerator. It lasts up to two weeks!   Use cookie cutters, garlic press, pizza cutters, potato masher and other kitchen gadgets to make the play dough into many fun and exciting shapes.

If you use the recipe, please report, even if we are not yet friends.

Much happiness to you all,
Tamara





No comments: